A little info: "angus" refers to to a type of cattle native to Angus and Aberdeenshire, Scotland. They are hornless cows known for having the marbled meat (nice fat layered flesh) which gives a tender and juicy taste.
I was at the launching and got to taste really good recipes from using Angus Beef. It is surprisingly juicy, and tender.
I guess, it would be easier to make tender steaks on weekdays, juicy roasts on Saturday and even great-tasting burgers on Sunday.
The Certified Angus Beef will be initially available in selected SM Supermarket branches like Makati, Megamall A & B, and soon in other SM Supermarkets nationwide.
During the event we were also treated to a one-way ticket to France! Wohooo!!
Click Read More to know more about Chateau de France..
I know, we all fell inloved with France. We unknowingly show it by supporting French bakeshops. We just simply love its aroma - a freshly-baked bread entwined with smell of croissants, macaroons and even cheese!
I love France, and I wish to go there someday; even if at one point we got confused with what kind of utensil to use with what food in the plate.
Now, a trip to SM Makati will send us to France though Chateau de France - a new bakeshop which offers breads, pastries, sandwiches, salads and more.
Yummy French Breads!
Yummier Macaroons! Love the Chocolate Flavor
Sells at Php40 each!
All kinds of Cheese!
Meat and Sausage Rolls
A visit to Chateau de France, as they say, is like going to France and going home with authentic French items. Now we know where to go to complete those French recipes and finally serve them during special meals. I just mentioned it to my mom and she is very excited.
Chateau de France is infront of SM Makati Supermarket and will soon open in SM Aura.
- Chateau means castle in English and it is meant to be self-sufficient in terms of food and wine. French people need to be able to survive just by staying in castle. I have visited an old castle before and I get to see wine room! Very nice. Anyway, Chateau de France outlets are like little kingdoms in France - thus the name.
- Chateau de France products are from France, and made by hands by French artisans using fresh ingredients. All breads use unique bread-making process with slow kneading and long resting periods that allow the dough to develop all the aromas and flavors (I remember the principle during our baking class in College!)
- Macaroons are made with natural colors using traditional almond flour.
- Authentic French Bread have larger holes which means that when the bread was made, there was longer time for the dough to rise.
- To ensure freshness of products, the team do continuous baking through-out the day upon demand.
- What makes Chateau de France different is that it offers authentic French products at affordable prices.
Some pictures during the event
A taste of Angus Beef
The real French Bread looks like this..
Our "Tourist Guides" during
our trip to France
How nice it is to be served
by this French woman? ;)
Have you recently made a visit to Chateau de France
or tried the Angus Beef?
If you like this post, click the like button or the Facebook Share button! Spread the love. Like my Facebook Fan Page at www.facebook.com/ruthiliciousblog or follow my updates on Twitter @ruthilicious.
If you are reading this post somewhere, it is originally written by Ruth and published in www.ruthilicious.blogspot.com.