Now I understand how the kids felt when they received this box! I was so excited to start with the projects. Too bad I don't have a kid yet, and my nieces and nephews are not in Manila. BUT, looks like my mom is willing to spend some good fun with me.
The #SigeSabado campaign aims to encourage moms to spend their Saturdays or weekends with kids doing fun and interactive activities. Interactive means, limiting the use of gadgets and video games - and focusing more on bonding activities that encourages creativity and active play. Very nice campaign.
Most of my friends are curious about the #SigeSabado box - and they were asking where they can buy one. As I understand that the box is specially customized and conceptualized for this campaign, here I am, sharing with you what's inside so you can also make your own #SigeSabado playtime box and bond with your kids.
Click Read More to know more about the #SigeSabado playbox and suggested bonding activities..
Suggested weekend activities with kids:
1. Raise a Monggo Plant - they say that monggo is easy to take care of!
2. Make Some Choco Art - this is a unique and delicious way to let your kid's artistic spirit run! You will need wax paper, squeeze bottle and chocolate bar (melt it using double boiler). Once you and your kid have mastered it, you can probably progress to baking!
3. Design a Harlequin Mask - it's never too early to prepare for the Halloween Party. You need plain mask, glitters, felt paper, laces and glue. :) You can buy these in an artsy craft store.
4. Make an Animal Balloon Papier Mache - this is a good activity for recycling old newspapers too. Use the balloon as your mold and have fun coloring your masterpiece! You can probably start with a penguin :)
5. Make a Popsicle Stick Pen Holder - another great way to recycle popsicle sticks! Probably you can use the ones from Magnum? :) I super love the stickers that are included in the box! Hehe.
6.Make Your Own Slime - okay, this is pretty interesting. I got cornstarch, sesame seeds and food coloring in the box. So what you need is 1/4 cup of sesame seeds, 16 oz box of cornstarch. Let the kid mix them together. Add food coloring to 2.5 cups water and add it to the cornstarch mixture. Knead the slime for 5 minutes. You are done once the slime reaches the right gooey, icky, sticky consistency. ;)
7. Prepare Dinosaur Egg Bath Bombs - this is another interesting activity. Add 1/2 cup baking soda and 1 tsp water. Add 1/4 tsp of food coloring. Add tbsp of citric acid (calamansi or lemon) to the mix. Add 1 tsp of olive oil and mix well. Slowly add more 1/4 tsp of olive oil to create a dry and crumbly dough. Press handfuls of the dough mixture onto the toy animal and press it to make an egg. Let the "egg" dry out for 10 hours. Let your kids drop the bath bombs in water and have lots of fizzy, bubbly playtime fun! Now that sounds really fun!
8. Go Hippie with Tie-Dye Shirt - this is one of the most common, but always forgotten crafty activity. I miss grade school projects! :)
Okay, now I am excited to start (I am not even done with my scrapbook and photobooks, now I am starting new projects! LOL)!
Moms need not worry about stained clothes, as there is always Breeze which easily removes stains like chocolate, juice, ink, blood, and other stains. If you are not convinced, listen to the "Sige Moms" Barbie Almalbis-Honasan, Christine Bersola-Babao, Dimples Romana, Gladys Reyes, Nikki Valdez and Carmina Villaroel- Legaspi.
If you have Sige Sabado moments with your kids, you may want to share it in Facebook and get a chance to win a trip to Lego Land. Just visit the Breeze Philippines Sige Sabado App.
- Round Trip Airfare for 2 via Cebu Pacific
- 3D/2N hotel accommodation at Legoland Malaysia Resort
- Daily Breakfast
- 2D Ticket Entrance to LEGOLAND Waterpark & Themepark
- P5000 Pocket Money and P3000 Meal Allowance
Which activities do you think your child will enjoy the most?
Stay connected with me, subscribe to my blog!