You must have seen most of the updates and designs in Instagram. I was lucky to to party with Havaianas for the media launch of MYOH2014 which happened last Tuesday. It was a festive afternoon as there were a lot of dancing that happened before the official opening. We got a taste of the sights and sounds of Brazil!
Click Read More for more events pictures and tips on how to make your own Havaianas..
If it wasn't too crowded, I would have danced!
The launch was attended by media friends, bloggers, celebrities and personalities
We got too excited when the assemblers finally arrived!
Can you spot the Younghusband? :)
Everyone was excited to be a master flip flop designer, and to be one, you have to come prepared (well, I didn't come prepared. I took advantage of the waiting time to choose my pins).
How to Make Your Own Havaianas, you ask? Here's a guide.
1. There is a design roulette available in the venue. Pick a sole and strap to mix and match.
Make Your Own Havaianas Price List:
Top Sole with Basic Strap Php 895
Top Sole with Metallic Strap Php 945
Slim Sole with Metallic Strap Php 945
Commemorative Pair Php 995
2. Pick your pins from the roulette! Pins cost at Php 100 each.
3. Accomplish the form and approach an assembler. You may line up at single pair lanes or multiple pairs lanes.
4. Watch your assembler do the Havaianas magic!
We got Mariella as our assembler! She's really fun, nice and patient (wink, wink!). I found out they had a two-week training for this event :)
Punching holes to fit the straps
Assemblers lining up at the "pins" station
Punching holes to the strap to add those pins!
Pin them all!
Tadah!!! Thank you Mariella! You are awesome!
5. Head over to the cashier to pay for your exclusive Havaianas creation.
- Soles and straps are available in adult sizes only.
- Sizes and colors of soles and straps, as well as availability of pins are limited. First come, first serve basis applies.
- Each customer is allowed to purchase a maximum of 5 pairs per day.
- Cash and credit card (Visa and Mastercard) are accepted.
My #MYOH2014 Design
I got the MYOH2014 Commemorative Pair which features colorful ribbons that are worn for good luck, inspired by the 200 year old tradition from Brazil. I was glad I was one of the firsts who got assisted by the crew, and I got my shoe size ;) #tallwomenproblem
Most of the MYOH designs I saw have the pins in the inner strap, or close to the strap connector, so I thought of putting the pins in the outer strap, and with just one crystal on the inner top strap. I consulted Mariella who agreed with the design, and find it cute. So I gave her a go signal.
My pins .. blue crystal, calpirinha, Rio, bikini, drums, chili, heart and champagne crystal :)
Plus, I got a bonfim wish ribbons which comes free with the commemorative pair.
Tired, but happy!
You too can make your own Havaianas!
Make Your Own Havaianas 2014 will run from May 8 to 11 in Glorietta Activity Center.
You can see the available pins and practice designing your pair here: http://myoh.havaianasphilippines.com/customization.html
Thank you Havaianas and our friends from Bridges for having me!
So, what kind of Havaianas design do you have in mind? :)
Stay connected with me, subscribe to my blog!