Are you a chef and always looking for a way to cook up an innovative dish?
Lady's Choice Real Mayonnaise launches the first ever Real Chef Challenge and wants you (chef or cook) to submit a Hot Signature Dish or Salad and Sandwich Combo. To win, you must be able to impress Chef Boy Logro!
Side story: I am super happy to have met Chef Boy Logro! We always watch his show Idol sa Kusina and my and I always find inspiration from the dishes he cooks. His determination to learn the tricks in the kitchen is so inspiring. He doesn't have a formal kitchen education but his dedication and experience with pots and pans make him the most admirable chefs in the country. He is the Executive Chef of Institute of Culinary and Kitchen Services. He's so down-to-earth and a natural entertainer.
The Real Chef Challenge is the first one-of-its-kind culinary competition in the Philippines which invites cooks and chefs all around the country to showcase their best tasting food creation using the country's number 1 mayonnaise brand, Lady's Choice Real Mayonnaise.
We all know that diners palate is getting more and more sophisticated everyday, and Unilever Food Solutions wants to challenge the chefs to up their game!
I am giving you a tip on what Chef Logro would want to see and taste on your entry - he wants a unique, creative and appealing to a diverse palate.
"As a chef, I always try to be innovative by experimenting with old and new ingredients to come up with a new dish. Mayonnaise has always been a key ingredient for innovation because of its creamy consistency and rich flavor".
Chef Boy Logro prepared an interesting dish of empanada with mayonnaise and ripe mango. We were also presented with the delicious spread of food made with Lady's Choice Mayonnaise at the Aracama restaurant.
Deep Fried Crispy Tostadas with mushroom adobo and lime dressing; Mini Cua Pao with pork belly, chopped kimchi and sriracha mayo; Crispy Fillet Sliders with green mango and tartar sauce; Dark Chocolate Cupcake with Gatas Frosting.
Chef Logro will be joined by Chef Edward Bugia, owner of Pino Kitchen Studio and Backyard MNL, and Chef Brando Santos, Senior Sous Chef of UFS.
How to Join the #RealChef Challenge:
- Buy specially marked Lady's Choice Real Mayonnaise 5.5L tub to get an entry code. The code can be found on the inside of the product sticker, visible when you've partially consumed the tub's content.
- Get creative and snap a shot of your signature recipe which uses Lady's Choice Real Mayonnaise. It can be: Salad and Sandwich Combo or Hot Signature Dish.
- Log on to ufs.com/RealCheff to submit your entry.
- Submission is only until September 30, 2015.
- The best 6 recipe entries each from Luzon, Visayas, Mindanao and GMA will get a chance to move to the next round.
Get Your Diners to Vote:
- The Top 24 Finalist will be featured at facebook.com/RealChef where diners can vote for their favorite dish by simply LIKING the photo.
- The Top 24 Finalist will be asked to serve their special dishes in their food service establishmetns.
- Voting is from October 19 to November 13.
The BIG Reveal!
The grand face off will be on November 23!
The #RealChef Winner Prize!
The Real Chefs with The Best Recipe from the 2 food categories will win Php100,000 plus online and TV features for their dish and their restaurants.
Non-winning finalists will win Php10,000 each plus a special plaque.
See you at the big event!
Stay connected with me, subscribe to my blog!
Enter your email address: