In the Garden of Eden, Eve picked up a red luscious fruit, tasted it and offered it to Adam. Although it is never confirmed that the red fruit is the Apple, we cannot deny that there is always something tempting about the fruit. Even the author of the famous fairy tale Snow White used apple to lure Snow White.
Alot of perfume companies are using apple to mix and create great potions. But admit that they usually smell like air or car freshners. I am lucky to even get a whiff and a good 7ml sample of the DKNY Be Delicious perfume. True to the tagline, the scent would make you feel delicious. (Thanks to Nuffnang and DKNY!)
The scent is different from all the other known apple infused fragrances. It has a hint of apple, but never fruity. You don’t need to worry that a group of ants and bees would start following your trail. It is feminine and elegant. One of the few scents that I love.
The DKNY Be Delicious perfume is not new in the market. Alot of seductresses are wearing the scent for 5 years. In fact, DKNY has sold 4 million DKNY Eau de Parfum Sprays. Doing a little math, 5,712,000,000 spritzes. A good two years worth of spritzes for every person in the New York City.
Here are some more fun (and delicious facts!)
1. “If the 4 million DKNY Be Delicious Eau de Parfum Sprays we’ve sold were stacked on top of each other, they would be more than 10 times the height of the Statue of Liberty!!”
2. “If the 4 million DKNY Be Delicious Eau de Parfum Sprays we’ve sold were lined up side by side, it would wrap around the diameter of Central Park 40 times!”
3. “If we lined up the 4 million DKNY Be Delicious Eau de Parfum Sprays we have sold side by side, it would be enough to cross the Brooklyn Bridge nearly 20 times!”
4. “If we emptied out the juice of the 4 million DKNY Be Delicious Eau de Parfum Sprays we have sold, it would be enough to fill the Bethesda Fountain in New York City’s Central Park twice!”
5. “If we filled the volume of the Empire State Building with the 4 million bottles of DKNY Be Delicious, it would fill it 600 times.”
6. “If the 4 million DKNY Be Delicious Eau de Parfum Sprays were set side by side, it would be enough to nearly cover the area of Ellis Island 20 times!”
7. “New Yorkers eat 12 pounds of apples per year, we sell close to 120 times more DKNY Be Delicious Eau de Parfum Sprays per year. That is 600 times more DKNY Be Delicious Eau de Parfum Spays sold in the past five years than apples consumed by New Yorkers!”
8. “With the 4 million DKNY Be Delicious Eau de Parfum Spray sold, that’s enough for about one bottle for every New York City subway rider per week! Talk about freshening up the city.”
DKNY is holding a Design a Bottle Contest. The winning bottle would be picked by Donna Karan herself. The winner would fly to the Big Apple and experience the NYC life.
Here is my delicious entry. I call it, Adam’s Temptress! Plain and simple. Black and white so not to overshadow the yummy green color of the perfume. Inspired by the seductive and tempting scene in the Garden of Eden (obvious by the sunflowers – that’s the only decent images from the selection) – I only put in that sexy pouting face of a woman (that’s Eve, that’s you, that’s me, that’s all the woman who want to be delicious!)
And at the back – don’t forget Adam (the men of the new generation). Notice that he is the only colored character here. Because it’s all about men. It’s all about him. He’s curious, he’s tempted, he wants her!
It’s a battle of bottles in this contest. If you like my idea and bottle design, please vote here. Thanks.
We wear perfume to make us feel better about ourselves and to please the men in our lives. That’s the goal. Funny that I still feel naked when I am not wearing perfume.
It doesn’t hurt to be delicious!