Anyone who doesn’t know Yeng Constatino?! I am guessing you were born only yesterday. Even kids and toddlers know her songs and sing them in the school fairs. Too bad I only get to watch her and hear her song in ASAP, and I am just soooo sad that I won’t be here in Manila for her Second Major Concert entitled Rakenrol Jamming with Yeng Constatino on August 5, 2011 at the Aliw Theater.
Yeng is a product of reality-based tv show, Pinoy Dream Academy winning the Grand Star Dreamer award, and now she is known as the Pop Rock Princess of the Philippines. After her winning, Star Records launched her first album entitled “Salamat” which reached Gold Record, Platinum Record and 3x Platinum Record in just several months. Maybe it helped that the album carried 7 original compositions (out of 10) which highlights her talent.
If I would list all her awards here, I am afraid I would reach my blog’s maximum character count. Let me just say that she bagged almost all awards from the recent Myx Music Awards.
- MYX Music Awards 2011: “Favorite Female Artist “
- MYX Music Awards 2011: “Favorite Music Video” -Jeepney Love Story
- MYX Music Awards 2011: “Favortie SOng” -Jeepney Love Story
- MYX Music Awards 2011: “Favorite MYX Celebrity VJ”
- MYX Music Awards 2011: “Favorite Collaboration” -Kung Wala Ka Na with 6 Cycle Mind and Kean Cipriano