If you have been following me on Twitter – @ruthilicious, you might have noticed that I kept on tweeting last Saturday with hashtag #RocktheFatAway. People might think I don’t need to lose weight, but I seriously want to rock and stay healthy.
Roche Xenical invited us to the launching of the new campaign from Club New You through an intimate event in Holiday Inn Suites Makati.
The friendly people from Roche welcomed us and feed us information about health and wellness. Some interesting facts:
- Obesity and overweight rank fifth among leading risks for global deaths according to WHO.
- Almost 25% of Filipino Adults are overweight and 6% of those are obese, per study of Food and Nutrition Research Institute.
- We are creating a nation of heavyweights! with high risk disease factors – respiratory and heart problems, live and gall bladder diseases and diabetes and cancer.
- It is life threatening and lifestyle threatening – I know people who refuse to travel because they are afraid that airlines, boats and transportation could not accommodate them – how sad is that?
- We can do something about this by making the right choices.
Roche and Xenical partnered with Philippine Association for the Study of Overweight and Obesity to launch a campaign to help people rock the body. The campaign reminds people the key to achieving and maintaining a healthy body weight requires holistic approach that includes healthy diet, regular physical activity and taking care of all aspects of well-being.
It is nice that the event/campaign is not just solely focused on taking Xenical. During the event, the team also answered questions about the product. I always hear about Xenical, and I know some friends who have taken it.
Some learnings about Xenical:
Click Read More to know more about Rocking the Fat Away..
- It should be taken 3 times a day with meals.
- It blocks oil absorption in the body, and eliminate through bowel movement – so the oil, cholesterol don’t go to your waist, hips and other body parts; BUT those who take Xenical must also do physical activity to lose the weight.
- Xenical cannot do wonders overnight – you have to be patient.
- Oil will be expelled from the body – yes, that is true – that’s why people experience the need to always go to the washroom.
- There is no study yet conducted on the safety of taking Xenical for breast-feeding moms.
- It doesn’t enter to your bloodstream, and just work on your stomach – it is non-systematic.
Sounds good, although I don’t really feel the need to take Xenical now – I can do with getting more physical. But before going to the main event – Zumba session (in which the team has invited Zumba instructors), it is time to indulge first ..
But hey, I got a tweet back from Marc Nelson! Yihee.. I love celebrities who know how to converse with “normal” people 😉