I was back on board again, and I ate like a Viking! This time around, I visited a different ship resting in SM North Edsa, the Block.
Before we jumped to the heavier meals, we got a taste of Japanese food through hybrid sushi rolls named after interesting places in United States!
The white rolls with light white noodles and caviar eggs are called Niagara Falls (oh, remind me to write about my experience about our trip in Niagara Falls!). As geography told us that Niagara is the border of US and Canada, this roll would give us a border taste of sweetness with mango and avocado, and citrus flavor of sashimi with vinegar and Japanese soy sauce.
The California Grilled Fish is a Gindara Fish marinated for 24 hours with orange marmalade, sugar, chicken powder, lemon juice. The marinated sauce was then caramelized to make a sweet-citrus sauce. The fish is fresh, flaky and flavorful. The fish-pasta combination is perfect. Vikings has such innovative and creative roster of chefs! I am impressed.
For our 3rd Main Course, we were served with Tenderloin Steak with two interesting sauces – the Red Wine Sauce and Horse Radish Sauce. Steak-lovers must not miss this, as this is served medium-rare, fresh and pinkish. It is chewy, juicy and seasoned perfectly with thyme and whole black peppers. Guests may request to have it served medium well or well.
Enjoy the steak with Yorkshire Pudding and Corn on the Cob. Can I say that I can eat the pudding on its own? The Onion Hayes gave the meal an interesting crisp and crunch.
The desserts were just as luxurious and decadent as the previous meal presented to us. A plate of these beauties perfectly fit the setting. They were so beautiful I could take pictures of them forever!
Okay, this is what I hate about food blogging.. I am now craving for all these interesting yummy offerings from Vikings! Peach Kitchen and I were just talking how, when we felt so full and satisfied after the food trip, we would suddenly craved for every piece and part of it once we were back in our rooms and sharing our food stories.
These new amazing food offerings featuring American food favorites would be available every weekend of July, starting July 5th! Don’t we just love the Vikings Luxury Buffet for coming up with new interesting offerings every month? 🙂
I love the exquisite offerings of Vikings Fourth of July! Each dish is a celebration of American tradition and culture, made even more interesting with innovative twist on ingredients and preparation highlighting the skills and talents of Vikings’ roster of chefs. The play of words and names make an appetizing journey to discovery of good food.
Of course, a trip to Vikings is not complete with a photo-opp!
Birthday Celebrants can avail of the FREE MEAL at Vikings Luxury Buffet Restaurant on their birthday, and THE WHOLE BIRTHDAY MONTH!
How does the new Vikings Birthday Promo work?
1) Birthday celebrant of all ages can avail the birthday promo on the day itself and on their birthday
2) Celebrants can eat for free ON THE DAY of their birthday on both lunch and dinner, as long as accompanied by ONE FULL PAYING ADULT.
3) Celebrants can eat for free for ONE MONTH on both lunch and dinner per day, as long as it is within the month of his/her birthday and accompanied by FOUR FULL PAYING ADULT.
4) One full paying adult are adult guests who will be paying full rate without any discounts.
5) Requirements for Celebrants: Celebrant must bring an ORIGINAL and VALID government issued picture I.D. with the birthdate imprinted on it, both local and foreign I.D.s are accepted, for proof (such as S.S.S., N.B.I., Driver’s License, Pag-Ibig, P.R.C., Barangay, Unified, Police Clearance I.D. and Passport) In the case that the celebrant doesn’t have a government issued picture I.D., he/she may bring his/her birth certificate supported by any picture I.D. (school I.D., parent’s I.D., company I.D.).
6) This promo can’t be used in conjunction with our current promotions or discounts.
7) Gift certificates to avail this promo is not honored.
8) This promo is available across all branches.
9) This promo is available until December 31, 2014.
For reservations and inquiries, kindly call our hotlines (located on the bottom of our website and the left tab on Facebook) or PM us on Facebook. For more information on other promotions and our current rates, please visit http://vikings.ph/