That was the longest flight I have taken in my life. It was a non-stop flight from NAIA Terminal 3 to Heathrow. I was quite thankful that it was a non-stop flight (I hate layovers when you get confused about time 🙂) and very much delighted when I boarded the plane and found out there were only a few passengers flying from Manila to London (!!!)
Most of the passengers who were waiting at the boarding gate were wearing boots and fancy jackets, while I was wearing a simple plain top and jeans. If only I could wear pajamas, I would. I know it was going to be a long and tiring flight.
- Plain (Comfortable) Shirt: I wore a simple white shirt which I can accessorize with scarf or jacket.
- Jeans: I love wearing skirts and shorts, but for long flights – I know airplane temperature can be really cold – so I wore my favorite denim.
- Shoes: I wore flats which I can easily take off for security checks in the airport. I looked at the other travelers boarding the plane wearing fancy and elaborate clothes. I refused to calculate the time they spent fixing them after security check. I wore the most comfortable flats (I brought my boots in my luggage).
- Jacket: I brought my leather jacket for the rock star feel! Haha
- Sling Bag where I kept my travel documents (passport, ticket), money, and other important items.
- Travel Bag (from Freeway Art Collection) where I kept my clothes, gadgets, books and other travel stuff.
- Scarf: I always bring scarf whenever I travel. It works as a blanket and pretty accessory upon landing.
- Socks: I wore socks most of the flight hours because the plane temperature was freezing (gives you an idea why I wore flats and comfortable shoes).
- Sunglasses: again for that rock star look Hehe.
Inside the hand-carried bag, I have:
- Extra clothes: In case my luggage gets lost, I have extra clothes (and underwear!) to wear if shopping is not possible at the time of arrival.
- Gadgets: To keep me entertained.
- Toiletries: of course.
- Bottled Water: Hehe yes, I was able to sneak it inside the plane. I needed to keep hydrated. The whole flight, I only asked for water and ditched coffee, juices and carbonated drinks.
- Pillow: for that more comfortable sleep – which I never got (more stories soon at www.whereiiwalktall.com)
The collage basically represent the pieces I have worn. If you want to buy the same pieces I wore, I recommend, SheInside for the leather jackets and jeans (the store ships worldwide). For plain shirts, go for the Giordano Classics (they are back!). But I buy mine from WetSeal. H&M has a lot of nice scarves and flats too. Just make sure that you bring comfortable shoes whenever you travel. Bring a nice sling bag to give you a chic look. You can get nice sling bags from Lazada’s new fashion line – LZD.