When was the last time you tasted something fine and exquisite? A delicate alcohol ( a cognac, maybe?) that years has made it a more cherished drink.
Each, and every home has that precious bottle of alcohol – an heirloom, a gift, a memento or an acquistion that has stayed with us for years. It remained unopened, untouched and never tasted. We never know, this bottle could be the hidden treasure that the House of Louis XIII is looking for.
I had a pleasure to taste a fine Remy Martin cognac last Thursday at the (equally fine) restaurant, Tasting Room in City of Dreams over an intimate dinner hosted by Marie-Amelie Jacquet, 4th Generation of the Owning Family of Remy Martin and Christope Bourrie, Regional Director for Louis XIII.
My introduction seems so fine and French, indeed. It was a dinner and
launch quest like no other. We all walked and moved delicately – especially we have precious bottle and cask of Remy Martin in the room.
The House of Louis XIII launches the Quest for a Legend to unveil a hidden treasure. The rare treasure could be something that is hidden at your home.
Click Read More to find out more about the Remy Martin #QuestforaLegend…
The Quest for a Legend is a worldwide search for the rarest Louis XIII decanter on earth. We are talking about unopened, with at least 50% original liquid in the bottle. The quest will scour the globe in pursuit of the rarest decanter in Singapore, Malaysia, India and the Philippines.
Louis XIII is created in Cognac in 1874 which first decanters crossed the borders of Europe and set sail for the United States in 1876. In 1881, Asia had tasted the fine French elixir – savored in China, Hong Kong, Singapore and Philippines.
“This quest is not a race against time, it is time itself that we are after”
“We are proud to be the first region to lead the Quest for a Legend, in search of the rarest and most unique decanter. Louis XIII set foot on the shores of Singapore, Calcutta and Penang in 1881 and by 1883, it had reached Manila.”
LOUIS XIII #QuestfortheLegend
Calling all collectors of Louis XIII, you could be in the possession of the rarest LOUIS XIII decanter – send details and photos of your LOUIS XIII bottle via SMS, text, WhatsApp or through local Remy Marin office. You may also check out: www.louisxiii-cognac.com/questforalegend.
- Contest period: February 3, 2015 to March 31, 2015
- Participants need to provide full name, age, ID, contact information, nationality and details of LOUIS XIII acquisition.
- Participant must be legal owner of bottle.
- He/she must be citizen or resident of the participating countries in SEAMI.
- He/she must be 18 years old and above, and at least 25 years of age for India.
- Participants can submit more than 1 entry.
- The winner will be chosen by an expert committee who will assess each bottle with a set of criteria.
- Remy Cointreau International reserves the right to make the final decision.
LOUISXIII #QuestforaLegend Winner Prize
- Two return Business Class air tickets.
- Two first class return train tickets between Paris and Angouleme.
- Car pick up transfer to the Estate (who knows you could get luxury ride like this).
- A hosted lunch at the Estate.
- Guided Tour of the Estate, grounds, cellar and distillery.
- A tasting of Louis XIII and Dinner.
- One night’s accommodation in Cognac
The grand quest called for a gustatory celebration. We had good food at Tasting Room (more about it on a separate blog post :))
And as for my experience of tasting the precious LOUIS XIII – (I am no expert at alcohol – but I did study bar management), all I can say is LOUIS XIII is the finest and smoothest cognac I have tasted. It has a sweet aroma that is more like a perfume. It is inviting, unlike the other alcoholic beverages that is too strong in the palate. Its flavor playfully lingered in my mouth – bursting the different tones. Simply fine and precious.