I have a couple of instant messaging app installed in my smartphone, because – friends simply want to stay connected. Different countries, different nationalities, different preferences. I thought I would just keep them all in my phone.
One of the installed apps, WeChat has some good tips and tricks. Mobile messaging app WeChat introduces more game-changing features bound to transform the social app playing field, and make life easier for all WeChat users: Voiceprint, WeChat’s 6.2 update for iOS and Android, and WeChat for Windows and MacOS.
1. Use your voice as a password for app-access
This is especially useful when you have friends who always hi-jacks your phone. WeChat’s Voiceprint allows users to input their voice as a password for access to their account. Once enabled, the WeChat system will recognize the specific voice through intonations to verify the user’s identit.
How to set up Voiceprint:
1. Log in to WeChat
2. Go to Me > Settings > My Account > Voiceprint
3. You will be prompted to press and hold the green record button, and to read a set of unique
4. Once you have read the numbers twice, your voiceprint will be activated and enabled.
2. Translate your friend’s post into your home language
Say whatever you want to say! With just a press of a post, you can now automatically translate your friend’s post to your language, just by following these steps:
1. Long-press the Moments post you would like to translate.
2. Select Translate and watch as the post appears in your language. OR Long-press the post until the
translation comes out
3. Keep your chat history, even after switching devices
I am a very sentimental person and I love to keep chat history. 🙂
Through the Chat Log Migration feature, WeChat saves your chat history back in no time.
1. Ensure that both devices are on the same Wi-Fi network for the fastest performance
2. In your current phone, press Me > Settings > General > Chat Log Migration.
3. Follow the on-screen instructions to transfer your chat history.
Remember: Your device needs at least 30% battery life to perform the migration.
4. Upload multiple pictures in one post
WeChat’s Photo Picker update comes with bigger thumbnails, and multiple selection of pictures. Just
check the tab and upload away!
5. Share heart rate information and other details on your Wearable Devices
WeChat users can now start a new chat, send text messages, reply to messages, and even share heart
rate information with other users, right from the wrist!
How to use WeChat on Wearables:
1. Start a new chat from your watch.
2. Send text-based messages.
3. Reply to a conversation with stickers.
4. Send your heart rate information to your contacts.
6. Access WeChat on Laptops/Desktop computers
WeChat for laptops and desktop computers have some nifty features WeChatters can play around with:
file sharing, a screenshot tool, group chat mentions, and message recall.
To share files:
● Click the square icon to share a file.
● Select your file.
● Press the Enter or Return key on your keyboard to send.
To take a screenshot:
● Select the scissor icon from the conversation.
● Select the desired window on your screen you would like to screenshot.
Resize the image by dragging the corners of the screenshot.
● When selected, press Enter or Return on your keyboard to send the image.
To mention (or catch the attention of) a WeChatter on group chat:
● In the group chat, type the ‘@’ character.
● A list of group chat members will appear.
● Select the user you would like to mention.
Best part is conversations remain private! Interactions are saved ONLY on the mobile device, where you can view your messages later on.
WeChat for Mac is available for Mac OS X 10.7 upwards.
Download WeChat today and set up your Voiceprint.
Download WeChat for Windows
Got tips for me? Comment away below!
Stay connected with me, subscribe to my blog!
Enter your email address: