10 Cool Things to Do at the 2018 Philippine International Hot Air Balloon Fiesta + Tickets Giveaway
What is the coolest thing about February? Well, aside from it is the Love Month, the Philippine International Hot Air Balloon Fiesta is giving us reasons to watch the skies!.
The Philippine International Hot Air Balloon Fiesta is all set to celebrate the 22nd year of the much-awaited Weekend of Everything that Flies, happening on February 8-11, 2018 at the Omni Aviation Complex in Clark, Pampanga.
This year’s festivities will showcase 26 colorful hot air balloons from all over the world,
featuring a big number of new special-shaped balloons: Happy Heart, Matryoshka Russian Doll, Queen’s Guard, Giant Strawberry, Buddy Balloon, Captain Jack, Princess Nellie, Vostok Balloon, Master Yoda, Morris the Donkey, Bruno the Clown and Pepe the Hedgehog.
Here are the other 10 things you can do during the Philippine International Hot Air Balloon Fiesta:
Prepare your camera for the perfect photo with hot air balloon, or better yet, go fly one! It should be in your bucket list! (Read: My first time flying a hot air balloon)
2. Early morning balloon flights are followed by non-stop flying activities – including paragliding, skydiving, aerobatic exhibitions, formation flights, balloon bursting competitions and kite flying.
3 Catch the exhilarating performance of the world-renowned Aerosuperbatics Wingwalkers, who consider themselves “the world’s only aerobatic formation wingwalking team,” performing for the first time in the Philippines.
The audience will be treated to the sight of two Stearman biplanes flown in an energetic routine of dazzling aerobatics doing loops, rolls, stall turns and inverted flights – while two fearless female wingwalkers do their own acrobatic moves and handstands while strapped to the aircraft’s wings. It is a spectacular aerial show not to be missed.
4. Book discovery flights, such as hot air balloon rides, tandem skydiving, tandem paragliding, airplane and helicopter rides, and aerobatic flights – all supervised by expert aviators. Discovery
flight tickets should be booked through the Fiesta’s official website prior to the Fiesta.
5. Watch supercar drifting exhibitions as airplanes drop flour bombs overhead.
6. Catch some drone racing and RC control line flying exhibitions.
7. Satisfy your palates and take home unique finds from the Fly Market.
8. Capture the moment as you do horseback riding, camel-
riding, and animal feeding.
9. Enjoy the beat and dance to the music as musical artists from different countries will perform side-by- side with local talents at the One World Music Cultural Exchange Concert.
10. Watch the fireworks display and balloon nightglow that will illuminate the last night of the Fiesta.
Beyond all the flying exhibitions, the PIHABF has made it its mission to annually gather pilots from the world over to show them the beauty of the Philippines, and allow Filipinos to learn from other cultures as well. The Philippines will be hosting the Airsport Federation of Asia (AFA) conference this year at the fiesta, to promote and strengthen air sport events within all member nations.
The Balloon Fiesta is the longest-running sports aviation event in Asia, annually boosting tourism in Clark, Pampanga and the Philippines. For over two decades, it has stayed true to its longtime objectives: to spark interest in aviation; to instill discipline in young pilots; and to impart a spirit of volunteerism to the whole community.
Now, time for a Giveaway!!!
3. Share this blog post on Facebook, tag my fanpage and answer the question “WHY IT IS COOL TO ATTEND THE 22ND HOT AIR BALLOON FIESTA THIS FEBRUARY?”
4. Use the hashtags #WatchTheSkies2018 #PIHABF22 #PIHABFxRuth. Make sure that your post is in PUBLIC.
5. Comment on this blog post with your name, email address and link to your entry.
I will pick 1 winner (who will get 2 tickets!) on January 31st!
I will also give away 2 pair of tickets on my Instagram account @ruthilicious
Congratulations to the winners!
Please email me your name, mailing address and contact number! Thank you!!!
Facebook Share Winner
Instagram Giveaway Winners
Entrance tickets are at Php 500 each, a percentage of which goes to the PIHABF Foundation Scholarship Fund, granting scholarships to underprivileged but deserving students who want to pursue a career in aviation. Tickets are available through the Fiesta’s website, Ticketnet outlets, or at the event gates. For more details, visit philballoonfest.net, follow @philballoonfest on Twitter and
Instagram, and like @PIHABF on Facebook.
See you guys there!!!