Bucket List | Ride a Hot Air Balloon
I always see riding a hot air balloon as a romantic thing to do.
No. It was not a fairy tale story. There was no marriage proposal, no bottle of champagne or bouquet of roses. Just amazing view.
I was torn between excitement and scare.But since I have mastered the art of faking confidence, I faked it after saying a short prayer.Funny how we thought we can all go on one balloon and we can take photos together – but that didn’t happen. One wicker basket can only accommodate 3 to 4 pax.It was a struggle to get inside the wicker basket and much more struggling to stand properly because I am tall and the burner was just on top of my head.
(continue reading here my first hot air balloon experience).
It was like a homecoming event as every one was all smiles – kids and parents. They took endless photos. We took countless photos.
Some Tips When Riding a Hot Air Balloon
1. Wear Comfortable Clothes – it may be a bit tricky to wear a skirt because the basket has no doors and you have to climb up to get inside 😀 Wear comfortable shoes as the ride is “standing room only”.
2. It gets really hot on top – so wear sunscreen.
3. Make sure that you use the toilet before you fly – the ride takes around 40 minutes.
4. Secure your gadgets with neckstraps and lanyards 🙂
5. The flight is generally peaceful and relaxing. Just always listen to the pilot.
6. The landing may be a bit tricky, but always listen to the pilot for instuctions. Always think, safe first.
7. Just enjoy the view and take many photos!
Follow me @ruthilicious.