What is the one thing that you hate about facial care treatment? For me, it is the agonizing pricking that is part of every facial care package. This is the very reason that I sometimes hate going to skin care clinic for my monthly facial treatment (I do it, once every two or three months! Ha!). Although the attendants and my dermatologist are very nice, it doesn’t change the fact that they will make your face red – and will make you cry.
I was worried I would feel the same (pain) as I enter the Shinagawa Clinic in Makati. Shinagawa Lasik and Aesthetic Clinic is very popular for its Lasik Eye Treatment service and it also offers skin care and orthodontics services. The clinic in Makati is the first major operational business outside Japan. When we talk about Japan, we only think of the best in technology, and I kind of have that expectations from Shinagawa.
My contact person was, unfortunately, out of office when I visited the clinic. But the staff accommodated me and scheduled me for a consultation with the resident dermatologist. A careful review of my skin condition (and a bit of my confession on how loyal I am with my current skin care clinic), she recommended that I try the rejuvenating facial and Genesis Laser Treatment (Genesis? Feels like I would be born again..). With so much trust and confidence, I said yes.
Click Read More to know more about my no-pain/pricking facial and Genesis treatment..
A quick visit to the Powder Room, I washed my face with the Celesty Anti-aging Facial Wash. No, it didn’t automatically corrected my age spots, but probably with continuous use. It is a very promising product line only available in Shinagawa.
No-Pain/No-Pricking Facial Treatment
I was ushered in the Facial Room. I saw this machine and I felt like I was invited to an operating room. Ok, this is going to be exciting.
- Toner – to cleanse and remove excessive oil
- Massage cream – to help with blood circulation.
- Steam – to smoothen the face and allow easier suction of blackheads and whiteheads.
- Suction (which replaces the pricking) – she used a special tube that gently pulls dead skin cells. The sensation is the same as that of diamond peel, but it is more relaxing – MUCH MORE RELAXING than the pricking that makes you cry (happens to me!). Afterall, facial treatments should be relaxing! Will says that sometimes pricking do more harm to the skin, giving you scars, or open pores.
- Tightening Laser – I forgot the actual procedure name, but it is when they lightly press charged tube to your skin to tighten it. In Shinagawa though, they use gauze and do not directly press the tube to your face.
- The last step is the Mask – cold mask which is very relaxing.
Genesis Laser Treatment
Two hours I waited for my turn. Is there still anything left for me in the fountain of youth? The Genesis Laser Treatment is so intriguing that alot of the regular customers are availing it and are willing to wait for the 20 minute procedure. I would recommend that you call for a schedule first.
I was ready to go, and drop the opportunity to try it, (I was running late for another event), but the staff in Shinagawa is very accommodating that they made it possible for me to really try the treatment.
I was warned that it would give a burning sensation effect as the laser will penetrate to the second layer of the skin.
I felt refreshed (despite the hot burning sensation) and my skin felt tighter. I checked my face in the mirror, and I was not even red – I looked like I had 8-hour of sleep (yes, the kind which is peaceful and sweet!).
Up on the wall, pictures of celebrities who are regular customers of Shinagawa Lasik and Aesthetics. No, you won’t find my picture there. 😉
Try their services.
Thank you to the accommodating team of Shinagawa Lasik and Aesthetics (Ms. Anna Marie, Jessica, Will, Tiff, and to everyone who assisted me and answered my questions during my visit!).
Shinagawa Lasik & Aesthetics
Mezzanine Floor, Tower 2 The Enterprise Center,
6766 Ayala Avenue cor. Paseo De Roxas, Makati City
Tel No.: 491-0000 / 846-3197