My First 5K Run with Color Manila + Tips for First Time Runners
Jetlagged (for over a week). No training. Two hours of sleep. Banana and boiled egg for breakfast. The factors that got me worried which resulted to me doubting myself if I could finish the 5K fun run for Watson’s Sun Warrior Challenge Color Manila Run.
In the middle of the run, I felt that there was a stone or powder that got inside my shoes.. It injured me and I hated it. I felt that I could really go with the run if I were all ready for it.
How coloful we were after the run
#latergram again because I fell asleep as soon as I got home after the run and watching a movie 😁 #ColorManila fun run countdown to Color Burst Party. The kind that doesn’t involve alcohol and I like it 💖 #SunWarriorChallenge #party #WatsonsSunWarrior #funrun #thisisruth #howtoberuth 💋 #shootmewithvibexruth #lenovovibe #neverstandstill
You could see that I got a little surprised with the color burst because the powder got in my eyes. Thankfully, I got my sunglasses on. My friend #RuthFloresca has warned me about it before the run.
Tips for First-time Color Manila Runner
6. Use the protective band provided to protect your hair from powder.
7. Always wear your sunnies because the powder can get in your eyes – and they are painful. No joke.
8. Bring wet wipes (big pack) that you can use after the run.
9. You can bring a bag and leave it at the Baggage Counter BUT I recommend that you bring a colorful and not-so-common bag so attendants can easily locate them. They had a little problem locating my bag. They had gone crazy over the surge of runners (they said). They lost organization and the worse thing, they just stood there when they couldn’t find my bag. I was being impatient because it seemed that they were not doing anything – they were just giving me the look “we couldn’t find your bag”. In the end, I found my own bag from the sea of backpacks.
1. Dust off the powder in your hair – don’t attempt to wash with water because it will “bleed”
2. Use oil or makeup remover to remove the color from your skin. We tried using just soap and water but that didn’t help much 😀