It is my first time to hear about a Bone Conduction Headphone and I was blown away when I tried it.
I attended the launch of Aftershokz Wireless Headphones in the Philippines last August 30, 2018, and I think I now got my new favorite earphones.
Okay, I am not quite sure what to really call it – it is not an in-ear earphones and not headphones. All I know is that, it is functional, flexible, and lightweight open ear design that make it the best wireless headphones.
The Digits Team prepared an exciting activity for us to test our Aftershokz Headphones. I was not prepared for the run and activity, but I quickly tried and review my Aftershokz Titanium Headphones.
How to Pair Aftershokz Titanium
Simply turn on the headphone and your bluetooth settings in your phone. You would see the LED light blinking blue. Select and pair Aftershokz Titanium Headphone in the list. You are now connected.
Aftershokz Titanium Headphone Design
I didn’t know why people were expecting me to pick the Pink one; but I chose the subtle gray color. I like my gadgets simple and minimal, and easy to style. Other Aftershokz Titanium Colors are blue, black and pink.
The Aftershokz Titanium Headphone is light and flexible. It is water-resistant (not water-proof though) and dust-resistant. It is easy to wear and carry; although I would have love if it is adjustable. I am not sure though if this is something that I want to bring during travels. I got used to using earphones that I can keep in my bag’s pocket. But Aftershokz Headphones are very durable for challenging activities.
Aftershokz Titanium First Impressions Review
I used my Aftershokz Titanium and found it a bit weird to feel the vibrations while the music is playing. It, however, produces clear sound and solid bass. I like that I can still hear the noises in my surrounding, and I can still talk to people while enjoying my music. It keeps you aware of your surroundings (and possible threats?) especially when running, cycling or working out.
AfterShokz Headphones use bone conduction technology to transmit audio waves to the inner ears
through the skull, bypassing the eardrums completely. Simply place them on your cheekbones, just in front of your ears. This leaves your ear canals open, allowing you to remain alert and aware of ambient sounds while you enjoy your music. While Bluetooth® connectivity gives you the ability to be free of wires and make and receive phone calls.
Aftershokz Headphones come in two models:
Aftershokz Trekz Titanium (Php 5,690) headphones has won the CES Innovations Award and Red
Dot Award for its outstanding design and engineering. The backbone of the industrial design is a
premium titanium frame, an element chosen not only for its strength and durability, but also for its
AfterShokz Trekz Air (Php 8,590) is the next generation in bone conduction technology and brand’s
lightest headphones, which delivers comfort and sound quality at the same time. Inspired by the
demands of elite and aspiring athletes, the Trekz Air is 20% lighter than Trekz Titanium, weighing just1.06oz.
Both headphones feature:
● OpenFitTM – Promising uncompromised situational awareness and extended comfort in a evolutionary open ear design. That means you can tune in to your music or a call without tuning out the world around you—vital for staying safe and alert as you move through the day. Its full titanium wraparound design provides infinite flexibility, a secure fit, and the ultimate level of comfort that can withstand the most rigorous of activities.
● PremiumPitch+TM Sound – Bone conduction audio has earned its bad reputation due to a blend of natural sound leakage and weak bass. PremiumPitch+TM technology optimizes the sound and includes additional features like LeakSlayerTM technology, which ensures music is directed exactly where it should be.
● Titanium Frame: The backbone of the industrial design is a premium titanium frame, an element chosen not only for its strength and durability, but also for its infinite flexibility, which will deliver maximum comfort, portability, and the very best sound.
● Sweat Resistant: Built to power through daily sweat sessions and wicked weather. IP55 rated to repel sweat, moisture and dust.
● Six Hours of Music and Calls: A single charge will reliably deliver six hours of music play and talk time. You can charge fully in 1.5 hours, but a quick 15-minute charge provides enough boost to get you through a long workout or marathon call.
● Noise Canceling Mics: Precisely placed dual noise canceling microphones exclude surrounding noise, effectively enhancing speech.
● Voice Prompts: Audrey SaysTM seamlessly guide you through power, pair, play and talk, and everything in between.
You can buy Aftershokz Headphones in Digital Walker Stores, Beyond the Box and ROX BGC.