This Backstreet Boys Concert in Manila was in 2015
I woke up to an invitation to see the BACKSTREET BOYS (!!!!) and what does a girl to do? Well, I asked if it is for General Admission (hahaha seriously!), but nope – PATRON SEATS (next to the…
- Donnie introduced Jay-R! Can you believe that?
- The Backstreet Boys picked some girls from the audience to serenade on stage with Call Me Maybe on the background.
- NKOTB went down at the VIP area! Donnie gave me a hug! Was too shy to pose with him for a pic and I was so scared of bouncers pushing me back to my seat!
- AJ wore a leopard shorts – also Joey Joe!
- Nick and Howie came from the back door exit for their performance. As expected, the crowd went crazy!
- NKOTB showed their abs!
- One of the BSB Boys did the booty dance (don’t recall the name!)
- I booked the wrong seats, although it was good enough because I got to see and hug Donnie. I wish I booked the section 5, left side, which is just next to the stage. It is like sitting in the SVIP (which got me and my friend thinking, that would be unfair for those who booked in SVIP section 5, right side because they only get to see the side of the stage. Tsk).
- I could have grabbed Donnie and asked for a picture together!
- During the final rounds of the boys, I was busy taking pictures of Jordan who stayed in front of us, and I thought Jon was back on stage, but I realized he was the last one to come back. I could have gotten his attention since most of the people beside me are BSB fans. Argh.
I hope the next time NKOTB perform here, they would do it on their own – and I wish the ticket prices are cheaper (I hate to ask our seatmates how much they paid for the tickets! Most I think got discounts from groupons). Before the show started, we saw some people occupying seats in the VIP area – probably thinking the seat owner would not show-up. I don’t know who these people are. But we were just surprised.
I also received feedback that audio in the General Admission is not too good. That is something that should be improved.
Anyway, I still love NKOTB. They can still move, and dance – and they still have the charm. It is amazing how they look even younger than the BSB – and we are talking about 10 years gap.
On the concert aspect, I wish the BSB sang their songs differently. Listening to them perform is like listening to the radio. But I love their humility and respect to NKOTB. But seriously, if there is any original boy band, it is gonna be The Beatles.
I am sure the review would be different from a BSB fan. 😉
Anyway, it was a good reunion concert.