I once got addicted to piso fares some two years ago. My flights to Beijing, Hong Kong, Boracay, Palawan and Ilocos are all because of Piso Fares. My friends didn’t first believe it until I showed them my tickets and itinerary. I remember waiting for the sale event which usually opens at midnight. Good thing I work at night shift, and I have access to the internet that booking flights were such a breeze. Airlines didn’t require passport details then. I remember I booked a flight to Hong Kong and missing that my passport would not cover the 6-month validity.
Then, boom! Everyone seems like anticipating the event. Because more and more people are probably booking the airline sites and setting up their alarm in preparation for the big booking battle, it is even harder to book your preferred dates. Oftentimes, you just book whatever date, and worry about your vacation leave approval after.
Here are some tips that can help you book and get those Piso Fares!
Click Read More to read my tips!
1. Watch out if there are Philippine Holidays! Airlines usually announce the sale event on a holiday (Labor Day, Independence Day).
2. Prepare your passport details – it helps if you have the details or your scanned copy of it in your mobile. It is good to be always travel-ready.
3. Make sure your credit card is always current. It would be frustrating to be declined of an online transaction.
4. If you don’t have credit card – settle the bill in your nearest payment counters before the due date. I haven’t tried it but I understand that you are only given certain number of days to settle the airfare. We don’t want to give-away our piso fare seats! We worked hard for that!
5. Prepare ahead of time – plot your preferred vacation days, so come sale event, you are ready to select the travel dates and book before anyone else gets the seats.
For two years, I have stopped joining the craze over Piso Fare but I think ZestAir will give me reason to check out the flights once again.
Zest Air launched its P1 fare promo for all flights from Manila to international and domestic destinations. Choose your destinations! Manila to Kuala Lumpur, Kota Kinabalu, Shanghai, Puerto Princesa, Kalibo (Boracay), Iloilo, Tagbilaran, Bacolod, Davao, Cebu and Cagayan De Oro for only one peso base fare.
This is one of the longest sale events I have encountered, as most are usually up for two days. Travel period for the one-peso promo starts on May 10, 2013 to April 30, 2014 for us to plan our Christmas Vacation and Summer next year.
Here are more exciting news!
New Zest Air flights from Manila to Kuala Lumpur, Kota Kinabalu and Bacolod will commence on May 10,
2013 while Manila to Cagayan de Oro starts on June 15, 2013.
Now I am itching to book a flight. Catch my seats if you can!