Three weeks ago, I received an invitation to an exclusive and big event in London – the unveiling of new products from Lenovo. I jumped for joy but had to battle with deadlines and limited time to get my passport renewed and Visa secured (I will share them in a separate entry).
God does miracles and the good forces of universe was with me. Last Wednesday, I boarded the plane from Manila to Heathrow, London. After a long 15-hour flight and a posh ride in Mercedes Benz, I found myself in Cumberland Hotel. Just perfect timing to prepare for the Welcome Dinner in the Smith of Smiths.
We were joined by the other Lenovo Insiders from different parts of the globe. It was also awesome to meet the wonderful people behind Lenovo. I have been working with them for several months, and it was an honor to meet them. Interestingly, we were joined by the #YogaMyWay winners from different countries – Eduardo (Mexico), Natasa (Croatia), Muriel (Argentina) and Amir (Abu Dau Dhabi). It felt like IBM Corporate Service Corp once again – traveling with different people from different countries.
The following day, the #YogaMyWay contest winners had the whole day to explore London, while we (insiders) were given the chance to meet the big people behind Lenovo’s new products. So we got to touch, feel and know more about the Lenovo products before the big reveal that night!
Click Read More to know more about the #LenovoTakesLondon..
Round Table Discussion with Lenovo Team
It was amazing to get to know these people and learn more about Lenovo, and the new products. Some things I want to share:
- Ashton Kutcher is part of the development team for the new Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro tablet. He flew in to Beijing for research, and conducted series of FGD’s (you can see some of the videos here). People think that he was acting, but it was an actual FGD! Haha I love the one with kids!
- A simple notebook is the inspiration to the Lenovo Yoga laptop. It is convenient to use, flexible and easy to carry – very much like the Lenovo Yoga! 🙂
- The bento box is the inspiration to the ThinkPad – it has everything you need when you open it.
- Lenovo acquired IBM Thinkpad, but did not change the design, instead develop it further to fit consumer’s needs. I love both brands 🙂
- Lenovo listens to the customers. The design and development of the new products are based on the consumer feedback. Unlike other brands which innovates based on what they want and just feed everything to the consumers.
Now, let me share some snapshots during the official launch which took place in the Sorting Office.
There were 200 + guests from all over the world – journalists, media people, celebrity bloggers, vloggers and #YogaMyWay winners. I am so happy to be part of the guestlist!
With Steven (USA) and Chris (Thailand – he is originally from US but based in Thailand). Steven is one of the first few who I got to interact before my flight to London. He knows my struggle and battles to get that Visa (haha). He’s awesome and nice to accept the challenge of being my official photographer (thank you for the wonderful pictures!). While Chris is a nice guy who loves to take candid pictures and loves to shop too 🙂
Picture taken by Teresa 🙂
Thank you so much again Lenovo for having me!