“Follow your arrow”
Sandbox, in Porac, Pampanga has something fun and challenging to offer for outdoor, day trippers. We traveled up North for the official launch of Oculus Outdoor Archery. It was a beautiful Sunday morning – sunny and party cloudy, with a cool wind that tickles the excitement among guests. It was not my first time to try the Archery (read about my first Archery experience at Gandiva and Kodanda), but there is always something exciting about holding a bow and aiming with your arrow. It always feels like competing with oneself.
Click Read More to know more about Archery at Sandbox…
About the Oculus Outdoor Archery at Sandbox
- Kid as young as 7, accompanied by adult can do outdoor archery
- Priced at Php 400 for 1 hour or Php 250 for 30 minute game/coaching inclusive of use of bow & arrow, quiver, chest and arm guards + balloon target.
- There are options for novelty targets perfect for kids.
- Outdoor Archery is more challenging because of factors like wind and sun glare. In competitions, targets in the outdoor archery is bigger but placed farther.
- Archery is perfect for practicing focus and good for concentration.
Porac Mayor Condralita dela Cruz ,Oculus Archery Owner, Krizia Chu and Ayala Land executives joined the ribbon cutting ceremony and inaugural shoot. It is quite impressive for Mayor Condralito to hit the target on the first shoot!
The Oculus Archery team dressed us up with gears and taught us how to properly hold the bow and shoot the target.
I found it a bit hard to hit the goal (should I blame it to the wind?) but it got more challenging everytime I missed the target. I wish we had more time to aim and shoot!
If you guys want to experience Outdoor Archery and channel your inner Katniss Everdeen, head on over to Sandbox, Porac, Pampanga.
It is a great place for families and friends to do outdoor activities. There are rides/activity for every member of the family. The next time I visit, I would try the Aerial Walk – I heard that this activity seems like a real workout.
Here’s the video of my fun times at Sandbox!
Archery x Avatar One Zipline at #Sandbox from Ruth dela Cruz on Vimeo.
Have you tried Archery? Have you visited Sandbox?
What are your favorite rides?
You may also want to read about: First Visit at Sandbox